January 14, 2019
CSA Registration is OPEN at Select Sites
By Charis Lindrooth
We are ready to start our first wave of CSA registrations! Huzzah!! We are starting with a few sites while we work out any glitches, so if you don't see your favorite site listed, be patient! Think of it like boarding an airplane in zones...
Here's what to do:
- Go to Harvie.farm: use Chrome or Firefox, or updated Safari for best results.
- Select your veggie share from the list. We have 3 sizes available: Full, Partial and Solo (formerly called the Eco Share). You will notice a weekly share price by each share and the approximate number of items/week for each share. This year we will be focusing more on value than exact number of items. Basically this means if you choose a lot of low priced items like radishes you will get more items and if you choose a lot of high priced items like gold beets and heirloom tomatoes you will get fewer. Don't worry! We will do a lot more explaining about this!
- Select you add-on shares: Right now to keep it simple we are offering eggs, fruit and cheese shares. Yogurt is on stand by and our bread baker is no longer baking for CSAs (sob!). The new feature here is that you have two options in your fruit share: weekly for 15 weeks or biweekly for 8 weeks.
- Enter coupon code REDEARTH1ST: this $10 discount only applies to Full or Partial Share orders and expires Jan. 28. A new coupon will be available for each wave of sites we open.
- Select your delivery site: choose the drop down list and select the site you prefer. If you aren't sure, just choose any site. You can easily change is later if you need to (more on that later!
- Proceed to checkout: The big new thing here is that you have 2 choices: Pay in full now(BIG help for the farm) OR choose the payment plan (25% down now, 25% the first week of the CSA, and then weekly until balance is paid). You can pay via credit card online using the secure Harvie payment center (required for payment plans) OR you can mail a check to the farm and we will apply your payment.
- Having trouble? Go to Harvie Support or watch this really cool video by the Farmer's Wife that shows you the ropes.
- Sites open for Phase 1 registration: All Lehigh Valley and Berks County site, Bryn Athyn, Wynnewood, Ardmore. Don't see your site on this list? Hang tight! Phase 2 is coming soon.
We love this new system and hope you do too! Here’s to a better-than-ever season of bounty! Let us know what you think!
January 12, 2019
By Charis Lindrooth
We are excited to announce the launch of our new CSA platform, “Harvie.”
We chose this new platform to host Red Earth Farm because we think it offers a lot of perks for our customers that will make our CSA even better.
Here are some of the key features that we think you will love:
PAYMENT PLANS: Ready to commit to the farm, but need to minimize the upfront cost? With Harvie you can choose the payment plan at check out. We always appreciate payment in full (helps us with our winter ordering!) but if you prefer you can pay 25% now, 25% before the first delivery and then your credit card will be charged automatically each time your share is delivered until the remaining balance is paid.
FLEXIBILITY: Vacation planned? Need to change your pick up location? No problem. You can easily reschedule your box or change pick up locations to accommodate your busy life, so no more missing out on those veggies you paid for. A simple click of a button on your Harvie account and you’re all set!
CUSTOMIZED BOXES: Red Earth Farm has always allowed you to order what goes in your box weekly, but with Harvie you can now set your preferences so a customized box will be automatically generated for you every week. This means if you forget to order, you will still get a box based on what YOU want! Not a fan of beets? Want to eat all the carrots? Each week an email will pop into your inbox letting you know what’s in your custom box for that week and offering you the option to edit your box, swapping out any items that you do not want that week. No more Farmer’s Choice box with veggies you can’t use! Want to order "extra" items from the farm? With just a few clicks of a button you can add extra goodies to your weekly box.
REDUCE FOOD WASTE: Food waste is the #1 reason folks don’t return to a CSA and we want to fix that! Because you are getting what you want, you’ll see less food getting tossed or composted which is going to ensure you are getting the biggest bang for your buck.
RECIPES: Fridge full of food but nothing for dinner? Harvie has you covered. Recipe suggestions, cooking tips, storage, and food prep resources so you won’t be scrambling to get dinner on the table. Best thing about this? The suggestions are automatically generated depending what’s in your box. Wow!!
OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Have questions? We have solutions! Harvie’s team is super responsive and will quickly help you with any questions you have. And of course our Red Earth Farm team is here to help with all vegetable/farm related questions.
When you pick up your farm share box, you are setting yourself up for health success by stocking your fridge with the most seasonal, fresh and nutritious food you can get. And rest assured, whatever the latest diet trend is this year, fresh vegetables are always on the menu! Always! Yay for veggies!
A farm share will help you eat more healthy and local food, help you combat food waste issues and a fear of cooking all while directly supporting your farm neighbors! Yay for local farms!
We will be opening registration in phases as we all adjust to the new system, so stay tuned. We will keep you posted as we finalize and tweak the finishing touches. Can't wait? Take a sneak peak here.
The Farmer and the Farmer’s Wife
Michael Ahlert and Charis Lindrooth