Displaying a Single Blog Post |
Show Recent Posts
January 14, 2019
CSA Registration is OPEN at Select Sites
By Charis Lindrooth
We are ready to start our first wave of CSA registrations! Huzzah!! We are starting with a few sites while we work out any glitches, so if you don't see your favorite site listed, be patient! Think of it like boarding an airplane in zones...
Here's what to do:
- Go to Harvie.farm: use Chrome or Firefox, or updated Safari for best results.
- Select your veggie share from the list. We have 3 sizes available: Full, Partial and Solo (formerly called the Eco Share). You will notice a weekly share price by each share and the approximate number of items/week for each share. This year we will be focusing more on value than exact number of items. Basically this means if you choose a lot of low priced items like radishes you will get more items and if you choose a lot of high priced items like gold beets and heirloom tomatoes you will get fewer. Don't worry! We will do a lot more explaining about this!
- Select you add-on shares: Right now to keep it simple we are offering eggs, fruit and cheese shares. Yogurt is on stand by and our bread baker is no longer baking for CSAs (sob!). The new feature here is that you have two options in your fruit share: weekly for 15 weeks or biweekly for 8 weeks.
- Enter coupon code REDEARTH1ST: this $10 discount only applies to Full or Partial Share orders and expires Jan. 28. A new coupon will be available for each wave of sites we open.
- Select your delivery site: choose the drop down list and select the site you prefer. If you aren't sure, just choose any site. You can easily change is later if you need to (more on that later!
- Proceed to checkout: The big new thing here is that you have 2 choices: Pay in full now(BIG help for the farm) OR choose the payment plan (25% down now, 25% the first week of the CSA, and then weekly until balance is paid). You can pay via credit card online using the secure Harvie payment center (required for payment plans) OR you can mail a check to the farm and we will apply your payment.
- Having trouble? Go to Harvie Support or watch this really cool video by the Farmer's Wife that shows you the ropes.
- Sites open for Phase 1 registration: All Lehigh Valley and Berks County site, Bryn Athyn, Wynnewood, Ardmore. Don't see your site on this list? Hang tight! Phase 2 is coming soon.
We love this new system and hope you do too! Here’s to a better-than-ever season of bounty! Let us know what you think!