Displaying a Single Blog Post |
Show Recent Posts
January 29, 2019
By Charis Lindrooth
If I look out my window I see a flurry of white obscuring my view of the sleeping fields. If I close my eyes I see...peas! Summer seems a long way off, but we are already getting organized. The seeding routine starts next week and before you know it the birds will be tittering again, signaling the return of the sun.
The good news is that CSA registration is now open for all sites, except Orwigsburg. See below for a complete list of sites and coupon expiration dates. Remember that to sign up you will now create a new account on Harvie.farm, the platform that will administer the nuts and bolts of the CSA, giving us more time to focus on growing food and writing our blog!
Here's what to do:
- Go to Harvie.farm: use Chrome or Firefox for best results.
- Select your veggie share from the list. We have 3 sizes available: Full, Partial and Solo (formerly called the Eco Share). You will notice a weekly share price by each share and the approximate number of items/week for each share. This year we will be focusing more on value than exact number of items. Basically this means if you choose a lot of low priced items like radishes you will get more items and if you choose a lot of high priced items like gold beets and heirloom tomatoes you will get fewer. Don't worry! We will do a lot more explaining about this.
- Select you add-on shares: Right now to keep it simple we are offering eggs, fruit and cheese shares. Yogurt is on stand by and our bread baker is no longer baking for CSAs (sob!). The new feature here is that you have two options in your fruit share: weekly for 15 weeks or biweekly for 8 weeks.
- Enter coupon code below: this $10 discount only applies to Full or Partial Share orders and expires according to the schedule below.
- Select your delivery site: choose the drop down list and select the site you prefer. If you aren't sure, just choose any site. You can easily change is later if you need to (more on that later!)
- Proceed to checkout: The big new thing here is that you have 2 choices: Pay in full now OR choose the payment plan (25% down now, 25% the first week of the CSA, and then weekly until balance is paid). You can pay via credit card online using the secure Harvie payment center (required for payment plans) OR you can mail a check to the farm and we will apply your payment.
- Having troubles? Go to Harvie Support or watch this really cool video by the Farmer's Wife that shows you the ropes.
Use coupon MYFARM until Feb 12 at the following sites: (for Full and Partial shares only)
- Chestnut Hill
- Mt Airy
- Gulph Mills
Use coupon REDEARTH1ST until Feb 3 at then following sites:
- Queen Village
- West Philly
- West Chester
- Bryn Athyn
- All Lehigh Valley and Berks County sites